Monday 19 March 2012

You Giggled Too!

Another week has just about passed.. time sure does fly right? Sadly there are no actual flights in my near future. I could do with some time away.. somewhere where the sun is shining and the weather is sweet.. yeah.. makes me want to move.. my dancing feet.. 
Ok ok.. so my feet do no dancing at the very best of times.. the most that they can muster is a walk.. and walk they did after a train ride into Malmö on Saturday for a little more roller derby fun!

We also checked out a few shops.. nothing serious, just a lookielu and then a little walk through the park and by the pond to enjoy the birds.. which is where I came across this swan.. just beautiful. The geese there, would come right up to you.. I felt terrible that I had nothing for them.

We arrived  nice and early.. got in.. got our seats. We discovered that pre-purchasing our tickets meant that we had to stand in a longer queue than if we had of just rocked up and purchased tickets when we arrived.. you win some you lose some.. end result was the same.. we got in and got seated.. after a quick detour to the loos. Em was stoked to get in there at the start before they would have got all dirtied up.. coz you know some people are disgusting toilet dwellers. I can't say this enough.. "if you sprinkle when you tinkle.. be a swee. tie and wipe the seatie"

Before we knew it.. the first bout had begun..
115 - 209
This is where we witnessed the pure strength of London.. those girls must work out with some quarter backs. They would just go for gold every single second they were out there rolling around. It was quite a lot rougher than the first couple of bouts we saw last time.. after a while we got used to the new style of play and before we knew it we were understanding more and more of what was going on. I also think that the beer helped.. nothing quite like drinking beer out of a plastic cup while watching sports.. #amiright?
This roller girl is Lola Vulkano.. and she was a pure power house in her own right. I would not like to go up against her that is for sure. She racked up many points for her team in both their bouts.

Next bout begun and it was quite the ass kicking..
274 - 46
The Slaughters Daughters seemed like quite a green team.. I am sure after a few more practice sessions and bouts they will start to really shine.. after all they already know how to dish out the hurt.. as you can see in this YouTube clip. CCR-B's lead jammer got a large serving on what was on offer. [click for clip]

The seats were rather hard on my tush and after many hours I was starting to wish I had of got the cushion at the store like Em had joked about doing.. but alas.. I just had to suffer through the pain for one more bout..
87 - 256
CCR-A came out in style.. which you can see here. There was so much smoke, perhaps too much smoke.. but it gave a good atmosphere at least.. [click for clip
This bout was awesome and also very painful to watch.. there was way too much of CCR-A's girls being sent off.. as fast as they were coming on.. they were being sent off.. which resulted in lots of the other teams jammer, just going around and around and around collecting points like they are going out of fashion. They apparently call this a power jam. You can witness said power jam in this clip [click for clip]
Another reason this bout was painful to watch coz my ass was slowly dying from the seats but the main reason really was the fact that there were so many time outs that it was dragging the bout on far longer than it really should have. For instance.. the last 30mins went on for over an hour. Annnnnd another painful reason.. I had a girl beside me who just couldn't keep her eyes off my tattoo.. I know it's like real awesome and all that but how much time do you really need to spend staring at it?

Finally with the last bout over with.. Em and I head off.. with of course doing a detour past the toilets to make sure we would make it home with clean pants. We learnt something rather interesting in doing this.. people who go to the roller derby are cleaner toilet dwellers than stuck up pretentious asses. Roller derby goers are definitely sweeties who wipe the seaties when they sprinkle while tinkling! 

The following day consisted of us doing sweet fuck all.. my ass and lower back felt like I was someone who was actually roller around taking hits all night instead of just sitting on it. Nemo got to enjoy a bone.. the old boy needs some treats here and there right? Look how adorable he is!

Oh and I nearly forgot.. my inner childishness got the better of me and I couldn't help but giggle and snap a pic of this before heading into the derby...
You can admit it.. you giggled too.

2 comments:

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)