Monday 9 July 2012

Ystad!

On Friday, Emma, Nemo and I took off for the day to Ystad! It wasn't the nicest of days as we set off, but we knew we had to make the most of the day.. and who doesn't love a little family day out.. rain or shine! I fell asleep on the train.. it was 2 hours! I was tired! Gosh! When I awoke, we had arrived to a lovely little town and some sunshine! It didn't take long before I took off my cardy! Just lovely! Walking around.. just taking in the cobble stoned streets, little alley ways.. it is hard to believe some times that this is what places looked like.. and walking on cobblestone.. not so fun! Sorta dangerous!
Here's a few snaps from in and around the town..

I love this door... I want to have this as the entrance to my place!
Also.. I want to live on Monkey Alley! How awesome is that name?

Nemo got his tourist on and posed with a strange horse statue.

We came across this one building that had the most hilarious,
yet awesome moustached dudes carved into it.

Nemo was very excited to be in a new place, so of course he was pulling and trying to piss on everything! Such a delightful little gem he is! It didn't take long before we stumbled across a little 2 year old female Nemo! She got VERY excited the second she saw him.. he was interested all of 20seconds before he had had enough. It is what he does, he likes to say hello and then he likes to leave. She was a little darling.. I mean look at her!

We headed off on quite a trek, through some rather meh surroundings. Not much of a pretty walk to get to the pretty beach but we made it, it was also a much longer walk than I thought.. these things happen but once we arrived at the beach it was beautiful. Sadly, we had Nemo and he was not allowed on the actual beach so we had to opt for just walking on the walkway and look down upon the beach. Nemo didn't cry as much as he did when we took him to the water in Malmö, but then he couldn't see that it was directly there unless he jumped up on the rail. Which he did..

There were soooo many of these little places, it was ace.
Rows and rows and so many sections!
If I was to have one of these little sheds for when I was at the beach..
I would totally make mine a TARDIS!


Long tongue is long.
Tired Nemo is tired.


We stopped for a break at the little cafe type place.
Nemo enjoyed some water and Em and I shared a fanta.. which wasn't cold.
Seriously, who sells warm fanta at the beach? Uncool!


We made our way back from the beach to the train station and awaited the long journey home.. we pulled up a pew and waited.. Nemo got to have another drinkage.. it was hot, so I don't blame him. Doesn't he look adorable drinking out of his little travel bowl?
He just loves to try and drink the water as we pour from the bottle to the bowl tho, which isn't so nice when he has to share the water with his mummas!

The ride home was loooong.. but it was made a little more entertaining by the fact that Emma made a little friend! This rather little lad just thought Emma was the beezkneez! I kinda have to agree! I think he would have kidnapped Emma, if he was given the chance, and the ability to pick her up that is! Emma, also made an older friend.. some creepy old dude who kept looking at her like they were having some kind of convo. He was sitting next to me and every time Emma looked in his direction he gave her some kind of look.. I did not see this look coz I did not dare turn my head around enough to see him.. a wise decision, I thinketh!

Once home, we showered, had some noodles for dinner and kicked back with a beer.. or well I kicked back with a beer.. what beer? but a beer from Ystad! It was quite nice! It went down a treat and completed the Ystad themed day!
At the moment, Emma has this thing where she is buying lots of local beers for me to try.. I can't complain.. I currently have about half a dozen different local swedish beers in the fridge readying themselves for my lips and tastebuds! Lucky beer and lucky me!

1 comment:

  1. I love the photo of Nemo posing with the horse. Classic!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)