Monday 22 February 2010

Ghostly & Cookbooks!

Yet another rather cold weekend with even more snow.. it seems to be never ending. Em and I were out and about on Saturday in town and we heard what was like the sound of thunder and then before I know it.. a whole bunch of snow has fallen from the rooftop and come down and there was a large lump of snow on the path.. I looked around and then realised that Emma was under that snow!! O noes! However when I got home I found comfort in seeing her ghostly figure watching over me.. making sure I was ok. I was even lucky enough to catch a snap of her ghostly image walking past...Ok you got me.. the snow didn't fall on Emma.. but it did fall and it could have fallen on her had we been anywhere near that area when it happened.. and that isn't Emma's ghost.. it is her soul heading for the door to find a warmer climate.. coz it is sick and tired of all the cold and snow! hahaha

btw it is snowing again as I type this.

The weekend didn't bring much in the terms of excitement.. so we did our usual routine of foodage shopping nice and early on Saturday morning.. it felt like we were hiking again to get there! It was there that Emma came across yet another cookbook to add to her collection of cookbooks and recipes. For someone who doesn't cook she sure does own loads of cookbooks and recipes.. it's nuts! NUTS! I tells ya! So I said that she has to bake at least 10 recipes from this book.. and as you can see she has the best intentions and has picked out and tabbed all the things she wants to bake from it..I guess time will tell.. and when/if it does happen I shall be sure to blog all about it.. so that it is on record as proof. This weekend is hopefully going to be her first recipe.

In other news:
Nemo got to have a bone and thoroughly enjoyed it!
I got to spend the whole inside out of the cold and slippage on Sunday! Thanks Emma for taking Nems on ALL his walks!
We had Eggplant balls for dinner! Sadly they didn't have that little bit of kick like they did last time.
Sweden is doing rather well in the Olympics. 6 medals!
NZ is not.
Spartacus: Blood and Sand grosses me out but I can't stop watching it.
4 days left on the LCD! YaY!

3 comments:

  1. Ooo and speaking of cookbooks Georg... have you made at least one thing from the cookbook we sent for xmas? huh huh have ya? have ya? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if I had a shelf in the kitchen where I could store the books, I would be making loads of stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we should get onto getting some shelves in the kitchen then...

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)