Saturday 27 February 2010

Emma's First Recipe!

Emma made her first recipe from her new cookbook. It didn't all go according to plan and 20 out of the 32 'muffins' (which seemed more like cupcakes) to us didn't turn out so goodly. I could really taste the butter in it.. so if we make them again we wont follow the recipe in that area coz they were as greasy as the inner paper of a fish'n'chips package. & prolly leave out the lemon altogether (Emma only used half of the required amount too) as it didn't do anything nice to the flavour.. imho.

The first batch were a chocolate (lemony) batter with Polly candy
Polly - Delightfully chewy foam drops with a lovely chocolate flavour coating. The tempting chewy centre and chocolate flavour make Polly unique and irresistible.

The second batch were a vanilla (lemony) batter with Dumle & Gräddkola candy. Or well not together.. half had Dumle.. and as you can guess the other half had Gräddkola
Dumle - Silky soft, chocolate-covered caramel filling is loved by everyone. Everyone that is, who remains a child at heart.
Gräddkola - Soft, creamy caramel coated in chocolate, not unlike Milkduds. Mmm tasty!

Anyways here is a pic of the 12 'muffins' that turned out alright..
The rest of the other 'muffins' will go to the birds and ducks after they have been ripped apart and cooked some more to dry them out. Not that they taste horrible.. they just look real ugly and deformed.

Oh and would you believe that Emma does the baking and yet I still manage to burn myself.. Just above my elbow pitt at that! I guess baking day isn't baking day unless I burn myself.. whether I am the baker or not lol

All in all tho, I think Emma did really well.. I shall keep her on as head baker. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)