Monday 4 June 2012

A Little Outing..

It is June.. and with June came cold bloody weather! A big serious WTF?! weather gods! I mean come on! I just go and buy some new shorts and put the winter jackets away and how do you repay me.. you send a bunch of cold days and nights our way! not cool at all. Get your shit together weather gods! It is supposed to be summertime.. where the weather is sweet and it makes me want to move my dancing feet! Instead.. I find myself huddled under blankets and drinking hot chocolates! 

However on Sunday.. Emma and I braved the cold wind.. and the wind was not only cold but strong! Gah! and went for a bike ride out to the marsh lands to check out the wild life! It was nice to get out of the house for a bit and see some babies! Yes babies! Baby geese and baby swans! Adorable! and some other teeny tiny baby things that were hard to see in the water with the single beam of sunshine coming down! But that's ok.. we saw them a little! 

A bunch of photos from our little outing!
Biking biking biking along..
it was kind of peaceful apart from the wind.
We arrived and were greeted by many lovely colours!
For a cold day it was pretty beautiful.
Up close with the vibrant colours!
Jealous?
Just a mish mash of everything!
Amongst the beauty we stumbled across a mumma swan and her babies!
Adorable!
I would definitely not like to meet the animal that made that print!
I love ducks!
Need I say more?
Swans exit stage..
errr...  left AND right!

This little guy found something to stand on..
which he then decided a good grooming session was in order!
We knew we had hit the goose area..
coz, look at all that poo!
Watch your step!
A little more walking meant that we got to see the geese..
however they saw us too and decided a quick exit was in order!
In the water they all go.. we didn't stand a chance!
Walking back to the bikes, I noticed that one had fallen over.
I said to Emma, "looks like one of the bikes have fallen over in the wind"
she responded with, "o no! I hope no-one has thrown it in the water!"
A flair for the dramatic perhaps? ;)

I rather enjoyed our morning out.. it's always nice to just get out and about with no real purpose other than to look at stuff. I am looking forward to Emma starting her summer break.. which starts in a couple of weeks by just having every Friday off and then mid July she take a full 3 weeks off! Which means what people? We are going to LONDON! and then STOCKHOLM! YAYERS! I bet you all can't wait for those blogs and photos! Gonna be epic! Oh yes, and there is of course Hanky Hanna & Billy-Goats nuptials! Which I have purchased the most perfect card for! If I do say so myself.. I am pretty awesome at picking things to give people.. I guess that comes with my natural awesomeness! Can't it be July already? Gosh! Altho, I shouldn't rush the year away.. the years seem to go by pretty damn quick as it is.. and it is a well known fact I keep ageing as the year goes! Can someone deliver me the fountain of youth already?!

Here's hoping this week brings some warmth! and Swedish strawberries... aaaaaaand new potatoes! Oh yes and ice cream from the wagon in town.. altho I think that is unlikely... BUT we have purchased a new ice cream machine, so hopefully that comes this week! This time with a compressor! None of this freezing a block thing! We have moved into the big leagues baby! hahahaha

3 comments:

  1. Awwww the baby ducks are too cute!
    No slowing down the year, I want it to go quick dammit! 186 days quicker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now while I am looking forward to your stay, Pinko.. I really want to be able to enjoy the summer slowly.. we don't get that much warmth here! In saying that.. its not a very summery time.. so I would like that to hurry the frak up!

      Delete
  2. If I had scenery like that around I would go out more often!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)