Sunday 8 April 2012

Tropikariet!

On Thursday, Emma worked from home in the morning and then we headed off to check out some animals at the 'Tropikariet' in Helsingborg. The sun was shining and it was indeed a beautiful day.. we really couldn't pass up doing something with the day.. after all it was just before Easter so we may as well do something fun. We bundled ourselves up and headed off.. the first stop was to stop by maccas and pick up a McFlurry.. which was umm cold? lol It wasn't quite what I was after but it was enough to settle my craving.

After gobbling up the McFlurry, we headed into the place to get started on the cuteness.. and other stuffs. Right off the bat we we able to pat a croc! Yes that's right folks.. these wonderful hands of ours got their pet on and patted a 4yr old crocodile! And oh my it was adorable! I wanted to steal him away..
Look how cute he is! Don't you just want him too?

Then down we went to check out the sharks and stuff! I could sit down there for hours.. if not days just watching watching watching.. amazing creatures and every time I saw a Dory, I had Ellen DeGeneres in my head going Esc-a-pay! It was truly awesome.
 
 

We also came across this little fella and I wanted to keep him! Look at that face? more adorable than adorable itself! but alas.. I had to leave him behind.. but not before heading back to enjoy him some more at the end of the day. Here are a bunch of videos all rolled into one of sharks and stuff and of course my little fella too! [click for YouTube Under Water Action clip]

Next we headed into the Rain Forest! Where we got to witness all sorts of animals! Including ants carrying leaves! Now that is a pretty cool sight.. which we first witnessed at the start when we were paying to enter.. but anyways here is a clip.. [click for ANTS!]

We made our way through the bats area, which we have no videos of coz it was too dark and it would have been rude and cruel to use a flash.. that however didn't stop some people! I mean really? How hard is it to play by the rules and not harm the animals? Anyways the bats were flying pretty low at times and one was even hanging right above us.. after scaring me half to death by flying right past my head to get there. All in all tho.. freaken awesome! 

We moved on and headed to another area that had more uncaged as well as caged animals.. it was a pretty good set up actually.. we had great timing too coz one of the keepers was walking around squirting a type of nectar into little holes for the little monkey makers to nibble on! I just love how close you could get to them! [click for Monkey Business clip] where you will even witness a couple of testy monkey words being spoken! As well as some cute monkey words!
 



It wasn't long before we found ourselves heading out by ferry to Madagascar.. and by out I mean up and by ferry I mean stairs! They were hungry and lazy little buggers.. there was one that looked particularly wasted and was good for a few laughs. We took a few photos.. and videos.. [click for lemur clip] and also [click for bird clip] Those beaks are awesome! 

We headed back down to the sharks and my adorable little fella before heading back to the train station.. coming out of the animal place we were welcomed by the lovely smell of coffee beans being roasted.. so of course we had to stop by the Zoegas cafe to pick up a little coffee pick me up and chocolate coated coffee beans.. which I am yet to eat. Then we just had to stop by the bottle-o to see if they had the local beers that you can only buy there.. which they only had one of so we grabbed a couple others so it wouldn't be a complete waste.. and plus it looks a little silly if you just buy one bottle of beer.. right? This is my stash.. no no not 'stache.. but stash! 

Turns out I have a HUGE stash of booze to get through.. our cupboard above the fridge is rather full.. not to mention the fridge too.. I best get a guzzling!

Also while out and about we stumbled across yet another set of naked statues.. they seem to love their naked statues in Sweden.. 

And because it is Easter.. they seem to love these coloured feathered tree things.. they are everywhere! Sometimes in just the form of a stick with a few feathers on them.. but 6 years on.. I still don't get the attraction to these things...

Next stop! Mamlö! The train ride felt long and horrible as per usual but once we arrived we headed straight for the falafel store and picked up a couple of rolls before making our way back to the station and stopping by Starbucks to pick up some coffee goodness for the train ride home! Starbucks has only recently opened in Malmö so it is a real treat.. and all I have to say to coffee snobs is.. go. fuck. yourself. If the majority of the world didn't like Starbucks then it wouldn't be in business.. all over the world!

With our falafel, fanta lemon, coffee and shortbread in tow.. we jumped on the train and headed to the comfort of home and a very happy Nemo greeting us.. ok so he was only really happy to see his beloved Emma.. but I was happy to be home and to kick back and relax a little.. plus I had the sneezles.. which I thought was possibly just allergies.. however it turned out to be more sinister than that as I have been sick for my Easter break. How pooey. I should be right as rain as soon as Emma goes back to work.. unless I manage to make her sick enough to stay home with me! Perhaps I should go and sneeze on her? Ewww!

3 comments:

  1. I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO want to go there. Add it to the list watson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NAWW... send me that croc! He is too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)