Tuesday 24 April 2012

Sprucing!

Annnnnd once again I have been a slick slacky poo bum and  not done any blogging. No excuses.. just haven't. I'm not gonna lie and say I've been busy busy busy pretending to have a life. I just haven't blogged coz I haven't felt like sitting at the keyboard to tip tap away.. maybe coz I feel like I need a bigger screen so I can see more of my words as I type? I feel very snarky today.. people perplex me. Sometimes I feel like I am the only person who isn't fucking mental and living in their own dream world... and then I think.. well maybe I am in fact the mental one coz I am SO different to others. I guess it's just a bitchy world and maybe that is why right out of the blue yesterday morning I got a bleeding nose. I don't remember the last time I got a bleeding nose.. out of the blue that is.. the last time not out of the blue was when I whacked myself in the face. These things happen to the best of us.

Anyways.. onwards and upwards to a nicer topic.. something a little ramble worthy! On the weekend, Em and I finally got off our asses and got a few things up on the walls to spruce up the joint. We had purchased the stuff.. from a couple of weeks ago to a couple of months. How's that for lazy? Well part of it was that we had to get a couple of frames etc.. so yeah not totally lazy.. just need to gather the correct supplies.. then a couple weeks of lazy once we had said supplies.. again.. these things happen to the best of us!

We got our shelf up, now we can watch shows on the iPad while getting our cycle on.. hopefully that will make it easy for our lazy bums to make it to the seat! Only time will tell.. I guess.. but it is a good little set up if I do say so myself...

I am very happy with my New Zealand print and even happier with the kiwi bird decals on the wall! So damn cute! We also finally put up a cork board so that we could in fact use the moustache pins that Pinko got us. Now all we have to do is fill it with clutter! Which we should have completed by the time Pinko comes to stay at Christmas time. Tickets booked and paid for! Hopefully Pinko can handle being my friend for the next 7 (is it 7?) months! ooo well, no excuses.. just doing now! After all, like I just said..  it is booked and paid for! We will also be doing a short trip to Stockholm and Berlin in that time with Pinko.. and perhaps even a mystery trip to somewhere.. depending on time and weather conditions of course.. after all it will be winter. I wanted to go to the Ice Hotel.. but alas, that is a little too pricey for us humble slaves.

Speaking of trips.. I've been left in charge of organising a trip to London in July.. and after just one day of looking into stuff I wanted to die. Ok maybe not die.. but curl up in a little ball and sob! Now I know why I leave this stuff up to Em. It's horrible.. I hate having to sift through shit. I will get there in the end. I already have a kiwi store to visit to pick up some kiwi goodness.. thanks to the Kiwi-Londoner Kate, who is currently the handler of the @newzealand twitter handle. Em has of course found a place to have French macarons.. which actually deliver to Sweden.. so for a small price of 100euros.. we can have 24 macarons delivered to us. Crazy. She can wait until London and perhaps we can even dabble at making some again.

Back to the sprucing.. we also went to the plant shop and got ourselves some lovely plants for the balcony. Some flowers for on the rail..
.. and in the pots below we are gonna try our hand at cherry tomatoes.. 2 different types, mini cucumbers! Yes.. you read that right.. mini! cucumbers! Does it get more adorable? We also are going to have strawberries again, Em grabbed 4 different types (I think, I really wasn't paying attention) and lastly we are going to be growing wild strawberries.. for Em to nibble on here and there.. perhaps we will get enough to make an ice cream again!

OooooOOooooo yes! Ice cream.. we made quite a delicious rhubarb ice cream on the weekend! However it is now the last ice cream we can make until we buy a new machine, you see our ice block for the machine we currently have is.. broken. Simple as that. It is leaking it's poison so therefore that's all folks! Perhaps we will splurge a little and get a compressor ice cream machine.. I'm sure it wont take long for Em to figure what she wants and then buy it. It's for ice cream after all.. and ice cream is what runs through our veins!

And I nearly forgot.. we also cleaned off the fridge to make way for our new snazzy Doctor Who magnets!

I am well pleased with them.. well pleased indeed! Etsy really is awesome! This is the etsy store I got them from.. currently they don't have any but no doubt they will be back. I love etsy. Perhaps too much lol

2 comments:

  1. I likes the plants on the balcony - very nice = )
    Not only is my ticket booked and paid for, but its also non refundable! So you better stay my friend or else its sleeping with the Duckies at the park for 5 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would get very chilly! But the ducks would love the company!
      However, we have already got you a Wii-wheel to Mario Kart it up! I really need to get onto bedazzling that thing one of these days..

      Delete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)