Sunday 28 July 2013

The 2nd Week

This 2nd week of vacation has been a mixed bag of feels. Everywhere we look we see Nemo, there are so many memories around the place that just scream Nemo, which is normal.. especially considering that we have basically lived in this place with him. I don't really remember life in here before him. It wasn't even a year that we lived in this apartment before we got him. We got him when I really needed a constant in my life and Nemo was my constant. I miss him so much, more than I ever thought I would.. but I think that might be because he was ripped from me so suddenly and violently. Over a week later, I still find myself going to do the little things.. for instance, I was making pizza tonight and while chopping up the tomatoes I went to drop one down for him. Tomatoes were one of his cracks.. I would say crack but he had so many and they were mainly vegetables. He could be sleeping in the room and I would be dealing with tomatoes and he would come and expect some.. he always got.

For the first few days we spent more time away from the apartment than in it, basically just coming home to sleep. Even with the little living we did here, we were amazed at how quickly his scent left. It doesn't smell like we have a dog anymore, nor does it smell like we ever had a dog, all traces of Nemo are gone. We packed up all his stuff on Monday and that was hard, it needed to be done but it still hurt and forced a flood of the feels. A chapter has ended and I am incredibly sad that he is not there for the next chapter.

On Tuesday we left the place to go to Ven, it was a fantastic day and very much needed. There is nothing quite like biking around an island! I do love to get my bike on.. and I am getting much better at staying on it!

Wednesday was a day at home.. which was just as well really coz we got a wee visitor! I was sitting at the computer when I heard a meow, didn't think too much of it as the neighbour has a cat.. but I did think it was a little louder than expected. Then I heard it meow again and so I thought.. I would just check the balcony to be sure.. not really expecting to find anything as we were on the third floor and not really within easy jumping distance of anything. I pull up the blinds and BAM! there is this cute little kitteh staring up at me meowing! and I was all like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! I open the balcony door and he runs inside, and once inside he realises that "hey! this ain't mah home!" We grab him, and go and knock on the neighbours door.. she was not home so we left her a note and went back inside, put some water down for him, a make-shift kitteh litter tray, some string, a box and settled in while hoping that his owner would come home soon. He loved Nemo's rolling rug and rolled around on it himself.. [video] I think Nemo would have been a little jealous of him being able to roll under the table! He was a pretty lovely kitteh, played the entire time and really wanted to be on the couch and was rather nimble at getting past me. We had to clear off all the cushions and throw a towel over it coz I was over taking him off the couch, and Emma has allergies so you know.. he couldn't have full reign of the place! Emma left to go for a walk while I stayed with the kitteh and waited. As soon as Emma left, the kitteh got comfy on the rolling rug and slept until his owner came by. I don't know what it is but Nemo was the same too.. Emma home = awake Emma out = sleep

Having him here was wonderful, really therapeutic I think.. he took my mind off of Nemo, even tho I found myself chuckling about how Nemo would have reacted to a kitteh in his home.. he didn't overly like them.. not in a chasing way.. more in the stay the fuck away from me way! I don't want to say he was scared of them but he just didn't think much of them. Lots of laughs were had with the little cutie and it was wonderful. Especially watching him play with string, or even test the water to drink! Now that shit is hilarious! Didn't make me want one of my own tho. Even now thinking about it, I am still shocked that he even made it onto our balcony! Seriously it was some kind of nimble miracle! Just so you understand a little more here is a picture of what was between us and where he came from...
He lives on the balcony with the flowers, so he has had to get over the netting.. then around the drainpipe, and land on one angled thinnish window ledge, yes with the window out a little.. onto another window ledge.. then onto our little balcony greenhouse! Now THAT is a feat! A kitteh on a mission!

We had him for about 5 hours, it was great! Very much needed, I was a little sad to see him go but happy at the same time coz it would mean that Emma wouldn't die from cat allergies! I kinda like having her around. His owner was also very amazed at what he had managed and couldn't quite believe it.. she was very grateful that we looked after him, we even gave him some tuna! He repaid us by not peeing or pooping inside and I am totally grateful for that! It was a bit of a fear of mine that he would! 
We even got a box of chocolates & a thank you card dropped in our mail slot to say thanks.. which was totally sweet! I hope next time kitteh wants to visit, he just rings the door bell.. I think it would be safer.

Thursday we headed to Helsingborg.. not for anything really, just to get out. The weather wasn't so great but a decent time was had and it was nice to be out of the place.. even if I gave myself a tummy ache!

Saturday we were looking after the boys, Affe & Arran. Emma's parentals & brother's dogs. They are bundles of energy when they are around each other and totally love to wrestle! [video] Affe likes to pull faces like this... [photo] while Arran likes to pull faces like this... [photo] & while I am showing photos of faces.. here is one of the classics of Nemo.. [photo]
It was nice to get some puppy time and they can be a little cuddly for short bursts which is needed. Cuddles help with the feels.

Sunday being baking day.. I baked this delicious rhubarb (grown on our balcony) & strawberry cake! It was pretty fantastic! [photo]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)