Sunday 21 July 2013

The 1st Week

It is Sunday, the end of the first week of summer vacation. It started off a little grey with the weather and we spent a few days just hanging at home with our little guy. This was a common theme, Emma reading while Nemo took his spot on the couch, whether or not Emma was in the way.. he made do.
Apparently his steps are good for resting upon!
Never-mind the fact that we would sometimes just jump over them altogether! In his head I swear he thought he was a young man.. his body sometimes would think it too. We got him the steps coz often his body realised he was an old man and didn't want to play ball. I too, have trouble with my body and somehow managed to hurt my neck and Tuesday was a very painful and stiff kind of day.. I had the robotic moves down! We headed around to the parentals to have pancakes with fresh strawberries and cream for dinner, because of my neck.. we took the bus. Worst experience ever! It was stinky and loud! So many kids making so much noise. We actually got off the bus before our actual stop coz I just couldn't take it anymore. I opted to walk home instead of having to endure another bus ride.. plus it was a good way to work off the scrummy pancakes!

One of the great things about having Emma home for holidays is that we get to have a fantastic breakfast like sketti & eggs on toast.. on a week day! At home or away, it is important to spoil yourself and we don't do a big breakfast often. After our delicious breakfast, my neck was feeling slightly better, the sun was shining and there was some stunning blue skies so we opted to head into Malmo with no real plan. However once we arrived, the weather gods mocked us. It was grey and not all that nice, so we just went and looked around the stores but it wasn't too long before it got stunningly nice.. as you can see here.. [instagram photo] We watched the little baby duckies from the bridge for a while before moving on. 

We had some falafel for a late lunch, which was delicious.. as always! It is one of our go to meals when in Malmo, I mean look how good this wrap looks? just deliciousness!

We also headed into the booze shop, where we came across some epic beer! We snapped up a couple of bottles and a couple of others.. as well as calling into the English Shop for a quick look, I was hoping for some Bundy Gingerbeer but they didn't have any, I asked if they were getting it in again and they were, after they move stores.. so that is another thing I have to remember! We picked up some Walkers pecan toffee cookies and eventually headed home to our little man.. but not before trying the new Magnum!
Which was really quite nice, however my favourite one of the 5 new ones would have to be the crème brulee. That one.. just yum! We did however get some light entertainment while standing in line waiting to buy the ice creams.. in the form of an American woman who was extremely high and wasn't quite sure what language she was trying to speak to whom. She clearly had the munchies and obviously didn't know that you didn't need to buy water in Sweden.. the water here is pure heaven.

Thursday was a day at home with Nemo, we don't like to leave him home alone 2 days in a row, it was a snuggly kind of day, the winds had picked up again so it wasn't so fun to be outside, even if it was warm and so we spent the entire day watching 'Orange is the New Black'. A whole season in one day! Great series, I want more of it like NOW!

Friday was cleaning day! That stuff doesn't get a vacation! So I spent my morning doing the usual cleaning and washing and then it went downhill and fast. One of the scariest moments of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)