Sunday 21 April 2013

Sunday, lovely Sunday!

When Nemo got me up this morning, I knew it was going to be a stella day the second I looked out the window and was greeted with this sight at 5:30am..

After spending part of the morning lounging around, enjoying scrambled eggs on toast while watching Doctor Who, Em and I decided that it was time to get our groove thang on and get out and enjoy the lovely weather so we opted to go for a roll and stroll. Em's choice on roll was rollerblades and mine was on the bike.. coz let's face it, I am dangerous enough on a bike let alone on rollerblades. [re-live Nantucket anyone?]

We set off for the swamps to check out the lovely surroundings, the roll there was quite refreshing and considering it was the first time I was on a bike since last year, it was well needed. My ankle (severely sprained that fooker so it looked like it was gonna give birth to triplets & looked like the colour of some superior alien race!) faired quite well.. a little pain on the push off and stopping but all in all.. well. Anyways, here are a few snaps we took while walking around the little lands enjoying all the birdies..


After about 40ish minutes of walking about we set off again and headed towards the lake! Coz why not, right? It was a glorious day! 

We arrived and I saw some new growth on the trees.. spring is really here! I also snapped a little new life on a tree close to home this morning [Instagram photo]. I really enjoy this time of year with all the pretty new life arriving.. the different shades of wonderful green and of course baby things! I love baby things.. especially baby ducks! Again, here are a few snaps of our time at the lake.. just look how beautiful it is there?!

Em just had to go and test the water.. for what reason, I don't know.. coz she definitely didn't have her swimming trunks along.. unless, there was something she didn't tell me!

We didn't hang around for too long.. coz bugs got the better of me and I don't overly like bugs. So off we rolled again.. home bound! This was not the end tho.. not by a long shot! Just a quick pitstop so that Em could change her choice of roll from blades to bike! Oh and to let Nemo empty the important stuffs! Once done, we set off to the store to pick up a little yum yum for Fika to enjoy around at the parentals. 

They weren't home when we arrived, so we let ourselves in, Em called her mum from the home phone coz that is always hilarious! Small things! We set up to enjoy some coffee, some lovely bread we got and of course some sweet deliciousness!

After gobbling the goodness we hung around for a little while, Em's mum arrived home and then a big gasbagging session was had before we decided it was time to head home to our very own Mr Grumps.
What a lovely Sunday.. I could not have asked for betterer. Life is definitely good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)