Monday 14 May 2012

Screamer!

This morning started off like any other Monday morning.. the alarm goes off, I scream in my head "nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo", Emma turns the alarm off and gets out of bed, I lay there still screaming in my head, I get up & ask Emma if she wants coffee, the answer is often yes. I make coffee and her lunch, I go and lay on the couch and play on my phone until Emma comes and gives me half of her coffee, its time to go so I go and get some outside clothes on.. and this my friends is where things start to go from the norm to terrifying! I put my jacket on.. I go to put my shoes on and I see something move from just under my shoe.. but think I am just seeing things so I continue to go and put my shoe on and then I see something move more! LOTS more! I jump and I scream! I scream loud! I scream loud like a little girl terrified of some giant scary monster! So loud in fact that my scream echoes in the stairwell. My door is actually closed. My heart is racing as Emma barks orders at me to get stuff for her so she can deal with the spider. The kinda big for Sweden spider but small for most places spider. She traps it in a glass, uses newspaper to help cart it to the window where she dumps it out.

Now that is one way to get the heart pumping on a Monday morning! #amiright?
This however is no normal Monday morning, so I shouldn't be surprised that it didn't go as per usual. This Monday is in fact also Hump Day.. as it is one very short work week indeed! Wednesday, Thursday & Friday.. Emma will be home with little Nemo and I and we will tear this joint up! Not really.. we might just take a little family outing to Malmö to check out the scene.. Nemo in tow of course, as he is going to be very Sad come Sunday when he realises that Emma is going to Germanland for the week and he is stuck at home with his shitty mummy! He loves me I swear.. he just loves Emma more.

As I sit here and type this up, I still feel like I have spiders crawling all over me.. and its been a good 2 hours since the spidershit went down! Which also reminds me.. just as we were about to walk out the door downstairs, Emma very kindly uttered the words "watch out!" at me as I was about to step through and of course it make me jump and freeze a little.. no screaming this time.. out.loud. She can be such a tart sometimes.

Speaking of tart.. Yesterday, Em and I biked around to the parentals to have a little rhubarb crumble and as per usual.. it was delicious! I do loves me some rhubarb. My mother actually makes the yummiest rhubarb slice I have ever devoured. Perhaps when I ever make it back to NZ, rhubarb will be in season and I can con her into whipping one up for me. So anyways, while at the parentals, it was a lovely day and so we sat outside in the sun eating said crumble and watching Affe bring his carrot toy outside when he wasn't allowed.. repeatedly. Amusing to say the least! and then we biked on home and that's where it was discovered that I had received my first sunburn of the year.. it's not much.. and of course as per usual.. I manage to get a silly burn.. one side, one shoulder, one small area! Every year I seem to do it.. whether its half a hand or goggleface! At least this sunburn is rather mimimal... but it is my first of the year so I'm well proud coz it means that it sunny times! and that my friends.. is exciting!


1 comment:

  1. Next time there is a spider, please film yourself! Bahahaha!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)