Tuesday 8 February 2011

Windy Weather!

O my lordy!
What a windy night and now and windy morning.. here in this little town I call home. At times it actually sounds like my balcony is going to even get blown away! The rattle of the bars is a little unnerving.
During the night I heard things smashing.. bins tipped over and being dragged along the ground by the wind.. I know I know its nothing compared to the cyclone that hit QLD but I wasn't there.. I am here and I am gonna talk about my weather! The terrible winds caused a very restless evening.
I actually feel like I have not slept at all.

This morning on the walk.. we are walking along, I see an old man walking his bike instead of riding it and I thought to myself.. "dude, I wouldn't have even taken it out this morning!" Nem's and I continued walking into the wind.. which is quite the killer on ones face and eyes.. I look down at Nem's and his big long ears are all pushed back in the wind and I'm sure its not the most pleasant for him.. but we have to solider on! It is after all his potty walk. As we head up to the church.. which is usually the windiest part of all.. we quickly discover that it really is the windiest part of all.. and Nemo actually gets lifted off the ground by the wind and it stops me dead in my tracks! Which is a mean feat coz let's face it.. I ain't little! I was mighty glad to make it home in one piece.. unmarked by anything flying around, altho I did get hit in the leg by a piece of cardboard. Such mad wind. I hope it dies down by lunch time.

Ok.. I think I need to go down an espresso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)