Sunday 18 January 2015

Let Me Introduce...

..Mikkel! 
Mikkel in the MonkeySuit!

3 very long months ago, we discovered a kennel in Sweden had a litter of affenpinscher puppies on the agenda. We approached them as we had been searching for some months prior for the right puppy to become a part of our little family. As soon as I saw the monkey face of the affen, I just knew that was the right one for me.. us! After a few emails back and fourth, and once the puppies were actually born, we were told that we were going to be lucky owners of a beautiful affen! Time moved even slower, as we watched week by week the growing faces of the cute little pups, still not knowing who would be all ours. We did have our eyes on what turned out to be Mikkel. There was just something about him.. quite possibly the brown made him look more wookie like than the others and being Star Wars fans, that is a big plus!

At 5 weeks of age, we headed to Stockholm to go and meet the little critters! They mainly slept.. as puppies do but we got to have a little play with most of them. Mikkel, (kennel name: Caudatus Molepolole) and I had already fallen in love.. [video] and it was a good sign that he went right up to the camera for Emma.. perhaps too close?! [photo]

We had another 5 weeks of waiting after that.. 5 very long weeks and even though you had Christmas and New Year's in there.. it draggggggged. We just wanted our boy home already, we had to suffice with the weekly updates of cuteness and I gushed over them repeatedly. It was quite terrible.

But finally, the day arrived. We packed a bag and headed off to Stockholm once again, for the journey to begin of a life with a pup again. And now we are home with the little tubbster and things couldn't be more wonderful.. even if he did pee inside. It was actually a rather epic pee.. we took him out and he didn't seem to want to do it.. new surroundings, cold, and being dark outside didn't help matters I would say, so we let him in... he ran straight into the living room (where we had prepared flooring so that when he did pee, it wouldn't be a big deal), popped a squat, looked directly at Emma and peed. It was almost like he did it on purpose! Fantastic, a pup with 'tude! Perfect for us! hahaha

After sleeping nearly the entire train ride home, when we got home, you can imagine he wasn't so tired. He didn't really want to go down, cried a little and seemed to want to jump in the bed with us... Emma. But, once the light was off.. there were a few little cries before he admitted defeat and went off to snoozeland. I heard him a couple of times during the night, nothing too upsetting and I guess Emma put her hand down and that was the end of it. Nearly 7 hours later, he was still sleeping but I got up to pee and that was his signal to get up and get up he did.. I threw some clothes on and took him down and finally he peed outside! What a good boy! When I came up, I saw that he hadn't peed at all during the night! Dumb luck, I would say haha but it would be nice if that was going to be the norm.

We have spent our first morning with him, feeding him, toileting him, playing with him and admiring him sleeping [photo] and boy does he sleep! and he looks wicked adorable when he does...
Are those not the most kissable puppy lips, ever?!
And one more of those lips.. that 'snout!'

Suffice to say, I am extremely happy with our new addition and I am looking forward to many many new adventures with my new partner in crime!

Mikkel on PackDog.. [link]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away.. you know you wanna!
Leave me a banana while you are at it!
A banana a day makes you ready to play!

These aren't the words you're looking for.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56_S0WeTkzs
To see my full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/jocrumbs
To see Emma's full instagram feed - http://instagram.com/subspeaker (coz you know she takes some awesome pics too.. and some even feature me.. so I have to share those!)